Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Je T'aime Paris et mes Amis!

So for days I have been trying to sit down and write about my trip to Paris in all of its glory. It was amazing! Vraiment Formidable! So much in fact I don't think my explanation through words will do it justice. However, I it is so important I share some its glory with you hence that is what you do on a blog!
For the first 5 days I was with the Knight Sisters-Liv and Di. It was a reunion which in fact was way long overdue. We missed no time in laughing and catching up and within hours I felt as though no time had been lost. Those two sisters have hearts of gold and so much love for me. I was truly fortunate and lucky that they allowed me to come along and bask in their sisterly fun and not to mention sleep in their bed. I owe them the biggest Thank you in the world. Together we gallavanted around Paris by foot. Taking it all in but laughing and photographing along the way. We hoofed it up thousands of stairs through Montmartre, saw the Basalique de Sacre Ceour in all of its glory. We sat on the grassy hill in front of the Basalique and enjoyed the view of Paris with use of plastic cups and a plastic knife, some delish wine, some heavenly baguette and some stinky cheese.
We cruised and perused Champs D'Elysee. We played touristo and took in the eiffel tour, L'Arm de Triomphe, Versaille while clicking photos a mile a minute along the way. One night we packed some vino and headed to the Park below the Eiffel tour to watch it sparkle. Another evening we took on the town at Barrio Latino...where Live and Di salsa'ed their little hearts out. We also maxed and relaxed at Cafes along our walks and peruses. Thinking of the cafes puts a smile on my face. I don't know what it is...The service is terrible, the menu at each one is exactly the same, Ok I know what it is...It is the fact that all of the chairs face outwards and you can people watch to your hearts content and not feel weird about it. That is what the Parisienne do. They sit drink vino, eat baguettes, smoke ciggies and people watch. I loved loved loved. Another thing I loved about Parisiennes is their style and taste. They dress understated but with such style and perfection. The women never look over the top but always beautious. It has changed my views of how you leave the house while living in the city.
After 5 days with Liv and Di, we said Aurevoir on the Metro as I headed on my way to get on a Train, to Fonty to meet up with Melly and Johnny. As I parted ways with the Knight Sisters, hot,heavy tears streamed my face. People have always said the French are rude-I tend to differ in opinion. As I sat their in tears, I looked to my right where an older couple sat and the womans eyes were in fact welling up as she stared at me. As I took my bag to depart the train the man of the couple rose and held the door and helped me get my luggage down. This touched my heart somewhere that had been temporarily closed for sometime.
After a short train ride I arrived in Fonty where Melly met me at the station in her and Johnny's humble little car which they call the Tank. She drove me back to their little coach house. The place was a stunner-their home and the huge home next to them on the property.
It was all very...French!!?? I loved. We caught up and then we gots back into the Tank and headed to Chablis for some lunch and a little wine tasting action. It was super fun. The town was adorable, the wine delectible with truly fun and amazing friends. That evening we headed to downtown fonty where we went to a pub to take in some Euro Cup. I met some of their friends and we had a great time.
The next morning Melly biked off to work while johnny and I got in the Tank and headed to my hotel in Paris. After getting settled John and I hopped on une bateaux mouches for a tour sur la seine. C'etait formidable! The sun, the tour by water...fantastique! After the tour Johnny and I hit up a cafe for a glass of wine or two. In Paris, they have a public Bicycle program, where the residents can purchase passes to ride these bikes. They are on every corner just about. Truly a remarkable and environmentally friendly way to get from point a to point b. For a city which costs so much, these bikes were dirt cheap. It was about 1 euro a day! Because John has a french bank card he was able to make it happen. So we hopped on some Velibs and bike acrossed the city, by the louv to meet up with Mel for dinner. It was awesome.
That evening we enjoyed an authentic french bistro meal at a bistro called the TAMBOUR. The tambour and its ownere were written about in the Lonely Planet Paris Guide so we had the kind gentleman sign my book and have a photo taken. It was funny.
After dins John and Mel walked me back to my hotel and we said goodbye. It was soooo wonderful seeing them and catching up with them.
The next day was all mine. I got on the Velib and biked to the Louv. That bike ride in particular was eye opening. It was the first time in a week or so that I smiled to myself and could feel my heart smile too. It was sunny. I was on a Velib in PARIS. I was truly happy and I was smiling inside and out. After arriving at the Louv I found out that it was closed on Tuesdays...I guess Mona Lisa and I were just not meant to meet YET...next time. So I grabbed a table at Cafe Marly and sat and took it all in. It was awesome. I had a lovely omelette and some delicious juice d'orange presse.
That afternoon I spent walking and thinking and thinking and walking. It was truly what I needed. For dinner I had Italian. Some wine and pizza...Delish.
As my cabbie took me to the airport, I realized the beauty of Paris and its ppl and somehow this beauty seems to rub off on those whom come for a visit. Paris made my heart and soul feel so beautiful. It was the most amazing trip with many small adventures. It was exactly what I needed. I loved Paris and it will always hold a special spot in my heart.

V.

No comments: