Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pre-living is for suckas

The last little while I have learned many many things about myself, about others and about life. One of those things is to not pre-live. I am not sure where this term came from or from what but it is a term in which I lead and live each day these days. Not Pre-living is the art of living in the right now. Pre-living is getting too far ahead of yourself and not enjoying what you have, what you are and where you are this particular moment. If we plan and get ahead of ourselves we put unneeded pressure on our hearts, our souls and our minds. To often we spend unnecessary time worrying about tmo evening or that meeting two weeks from now. It can go as far as worrying about what we will be doing next year, instead of enjoying what is right in front of us right now-like the people, the places, the conversations this particular moment. It takes so much energy to worry about where we will be or what we will be doing in the future and I believe we miss out on the moment we are in. Don't get me wrong, I am an organizer-a planner and I am not saying forgo being on the ball and planning for the future but I do believe that we need to savor and enjoy the moments we are in. Life is short. Things change and situations change that are out of control. So stop pre-living!! Pre-living is definitely for suckas.

V.

No comments: