Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas christmas eve...already?

Well well well here we are again at the holly season.  It is Christmas eve and I am at the rents already starting to relax away from the city's hustle and bustle.  my pressies are wrapped, tied and bowed--although they look as though they were wrapped by a 5 year old...they ARE wrapped.  Tacky not lovely was the vings theme of the day.  I whistled and dance partied while I worked and somewhere at some moment I got excited about this here season.  It has been awhile since I was genuinely excited for Christmas.  Somewhere along the years it lost its spark for me.  I always try and pin point the exact reason but there is unfortunately a handful but this year they are not getting me down.  They range from Santa to loss to earth shattering pain.  Somehow this year I have bottled them up in a mason jar and put them to the side.  They are there, I can feel them, but the joy and love in my heart are winning.  Perhaps this year is one in a million or perhaps this season will be one I embrace forevermore, either way I am going to embrace and go with it and enjoy every itty bitty second.
Merry Christmas, My friends!  Go!  Now!  Eat, drink, Be merry and Be thankful.
Muah!
V. xo

No comments: