Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yay for dead gorgeous May!

May is upon us and I could not be more pleased. My bike has unmasked itself from hibernation and my hot pink helmut has made its way to the front door where I grab it on the regular to hit the roads which feel like my very own oysters!!
The sun peaks through and wakes me up each and every morning--which makes my heart smile and bounce me out of bed. I love this time of year. The hope and excitement of everything that the warm weather has to bring!

This past Saturday I moved. Packing is the pits and moving is not what I would call by any means fun times. But I somehow got it together and made it through. I gots a little nostalgic about the old spot--Those four walls have seen a lot! A LOT of laughter and sillyness, some tears, some fears, and a lot of metamorphosis! The lovely gal whom owns it mentioned when I moved in, that this cute little place was very much a transitional place and that my friends it was. I did not cry but my heart hurt for an instant but I am and was of the realization that it is on to bigger and better things! My new place is AMAZING... It is gorgeous and I actually truly and really feel at home. Kitty is my new roomie and I could not be happier to share a place with her. Somehow over the past few years she has pushed her way into my heart and become one of my truest and bestest friends and now I get to be her roomie!!?? OMG vings feels pretty damn lucky. Let the fun and crazy times begin! We have nicknamed our place the Asylum and truth be told it is two crazy trains and Huxley (Kitty's Newfoundlander) whom I have already started to fall in love with...This new love affair has only just begun! You just wait!


This coming Sunday is THE big M day. The day in which I have been training for since January. The day that has consumed most of my evenings and Sundays. The reason for cross training, epsom baths, castor oil, gels with caffeine, water, gatorade, protein, carbs, hills and speed work. This is the day I have dreams about where I get lost in forests and my legs feel like lead--the only reason because I am probably flailing about in my bed in my sleep! This is the day that gets me pumped, excited and nervous all at the same time. This Sunday is MY marathon day. The day in which I will take the Mississauga Marathon and make it mine and DO everything in my power to cross that finish line before 3hours and 40mins. I want Boston 2010 soooo bad I can taste it with every ounce of me. This week entails carb loading and resting. Tmo I will make my checklist and begin getting prepped for race day. I will my friends keep you posted and in the loop on the ons and goings of the next 5 days of checking, prepping, resting and carb loading!

May brings a smile to my lips and glee to my heart! Spring is here! Love, laughter and fun is in the air...I am sooo ready for it! I have a feeling you are too. Let the fun get begun...YAY FOR DEAD GORGEOUS MAY!

Loves & Lillies, V xo

No comments: