Monday, October 17, 2011

The Tuner and all its glory-SWTM 2011.

yesterday I partook in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon for the first time ever--I ran the half as a tuner.  I was pleasantly surprised by the cool weather and no rain, some peeps complained about the wind but it did not seem to bother me, the amazingly supportive crowds, the inspiring elites--the canadians from guelph will represent us well at the olympics, all of those in the runway killing it with orange power and myself for running a bit slower then marathon race pace and enjoying every moment with no internal battle of feeling so good and trying to push it.  With New York looming, I kept on target and felt as though I could do the half again--which all in all was the plan.  I went out slower then I wanted but yesterdays time would bring me in at a 3:30 which at the end of the day I would be quite pleased with.  Had a great chat with the ole coach yesterday and considering everything this ole body of mine has endured--the weird ass injuries, the arthritis and cartilidge tears a 3:30 or under marathon would be an effing phenomenal finish.
yesterday really helped shake off my awful 36Ker and has got me in the most amazingly positive headspace.  New york is merely 20 sleeps away and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind I can do this and rock it.  I have the strength, endurance and mental capacity to get'er done with true grace, with my head held high and a smile plastered on my ole lips.  its gonna be magical, yos!

My HIGHS from yesterday:

  • Watching Reid Coolseat rock it with the kenyans.  I was so inspired it brought me to tears. 
  • Seeing Eric Gillis not far behind on his road to making the olympic team to rep Canada in London 2012.
  • Seeing the 100 year old dude from India with his entourage.  He was not moving all that fast but in my world he was rocking it.
  • wearing my new lululemon running tights that Lulu gave me to try out--THEY ROCKED.
  • Megs Cheese out on the course with a big bright orange sign that read GO VINGS.  It made me cry.
  • Seeing Toronto TRULY embrace a marathon.  It was spectacular.  
  • My new mantra:  POWER STRENGTH RHYTHM.
  • My new pre race dance party song-GIRL TALK-Oh No: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMM7tGV9MI&feature=related
  • not listening to music and not even noticing!
  • My coach responding to a post on my facebook wall asking how I did, he wrote she did amazing. That in itself was one for the memory books.
  • The Runway crew CRUSHING Toronto and throwing orange power in everyones face.  Booya.  
  • My friend Barefoot Wisdom KILLING his first half--1:32.  Atta boy Jess!
My LOWS from Yesterday:
  • The baggage check retrieval.  It was disastrous and awful and almost ruined the experience but alas my bag was found so no comments or explanation necessary.  That is all.  I will not allow it to tarnish an awesome day.
Thanks to all those in my life who continue to inspire and motivate me but more importantly support me. I love to run so much and to push myself and you all help me get out there and do the best I can do.  Love you yos.

Watch out NYCM, here I come...Orange Pow Pow and all!  Booya.

V. xo

No comments: