Friday, October 26, 2007

Involved!


A few years ago I found myself being defined by my job. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I love my place of employment but I felt like a one layered person. I know it sounds strange but I felt like I needed to become more multi layered which in my eyes makes me a better person. So I sat down and thought to myself how on earth can I do that? And then that is when it hit me...Become involved. So that summer I joined the boobyball committee. An event that raises money for Rethink Breast Cancer. http://boobyball.com/ Where I attended bi weekly meetings, helped get items donated for the silent auction, put in my two cents and via my company produced the looped video which played all night long. It was an amazing experience. It was exhausting but in the most positive way. This year I was not as involved with the boobyball but helped where I could. I attended the event which was amazing!! But I was busy with my own event..yes that is right! This year myself and five others put on the first annual Testicle Festival, which raised funds for testicular cancer through the Princess Margaret Hospital. We raised $20,000.00!!
It was a weekend event. We through a party on Saturday September 22nd and a golf tournament on the Sunday! It was fantastic. It was a lot of work but it was so much fun. Through the years since my thoughts of getting involved I have had the opportunity to be part of many different events and help in all sorts of ways. I love supporting my friends, I just love getting involved and best of all it makes me feel so good to give back!
V.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heard that party was the BOMB