Friday, June 6, 2008

adios MAY-welcome JUNE!

Ok I have sucked lately. Like really really sucked. I have not posted in almost 2 weeks. A lot has been going on- though I am quite aware that that is not a viable excuse for not posting. So my apologies!

Well May is behind us. May was quite the month for me. I ran an effing MARATHON-injury and all! Enough said! Just Kidding. May was truly a month of soul searching and learning. I met new friends, learned how strong I truly am, how positivity can change EVERYTHING and that life is not always on your side but you make the best of EVERY situation thrown your way. I learned that love can endure and that your friends are truly your extended family. I realized that I love swimming,I love coronas, that sweating the small stuff only makes the big stuff seem bigger and you must always look out for number one! I have learned that I am fierce and that by not taking everything to heart, the heart is not so heavy.
I saw the SEX AND THE CITY MOVIE with Chris and some wonderful friends of hers. I laughed a lot and cried a little-mostly happy tears! I endured and I withstood great pain. I spent a wonderful weekend up north with the Currer's, I did restorative yoga with great friends and reminisced a lot about good times. May, I lived and I learned!
Now for June... Which to me, has always meant the beginning of summer. The days are long, hot and most importantly fun! Weekends are spent with corona's in hand, up north on the dock, poolside or roof top. The sun kisses our bodies and leaves us all looking healthy and feeling refreshed. Everyone is happier then usual and more relaxed then any other time in the year. If you cannot tell, Summer is my fave season. I love the clothing choices, being outside and the happiness in the air! I love summer. Though the first week of June has been a bit of a whirlwind, I am not allowing it to dampen my spirits. On June 4th I was told that I have a fractured pelvic ring in two places. Can you believe it? I could not. My therapist was even a bit shocked. I am crutch free, swimming every other day and staying as positive as I possibly can. It looks like running is out for sometime but it will only make my my next run that much sweeter...I can already see myself out there with tears of joy streaming down my face. lol... My main focus right now is staying fit and in shape. So far so good.
June will be a great month. More sunshiney days and moments. More time with SamB. More time with friends and most importantly more laughter and good times.
I can hardly wait...

V. xo

No comments: