Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summers is Here!

My friends, summer is finally here! Yippee! YAY! It is hot-like FLA in the summer Hot! Like 43 degrees Celcius with the humidity hot. Yessss, my favorite kind!
In typical Canadian fashion complaining is on its high. Everyone with the grunts and groans of Omy too hot or too sticky. I my friends am content. I love the way your skin feels-it is moist and supple. I love the relaxed feeling I feel as soon as stepping outdoors-all I need is a pina coloda, my bikini, a pool, the sun and I would be set for life. :) Unfortunately I do work for a living and at the office I am stuck in a cold aired office with no direct view of outdoors SO I have started living for the weekends and the evenings. I think most of us live for the weekends most of the time unknowingly or subconsciously, I now consciously am counting down the days until Friday. That is okay, non? I'd say so...Because our illustrious summers in Canada are so short but so damn sweet. In my eyes, it is allowed. Completely and totally.
We kicked off this summer heat this past weekend with a lot of fun in the sun. Friday evening we joined Lexer and Case on the Danforth for some cocktails and eats. It was a perfect start to the weekend. On Saturday I woke early, headed for a hair cut-actually more of a trim- then for some laps in the pool. This was followed up with a mini shopping spree on bloor-pourquoi pas?, then it was off to Hemingway's patio for a yummy lunch with Lexer and some beers with SamB. We finished the afternoon off with some cocktails on our roof top. That evening Sam and I dined with Lexi and Mark at Spice Route-DELISH! Though the service was not amazing-the ambiance was QUITE interesting-to say the least. Give it a go-you will know what I mean. Afterwards we headed to Amuse Bouche for a big ole 30th Birthday Party for Can, Roz and Steve. Tons of fun, laughter and too many drinkies.
Sunday we slept in a little then gots in the car and were Lake Buckley bound! (aka as the paradise in the Buckley's backyard known as the pool and gazebo!!) We lounged and swam. It was amazing. All in all a killer weekend of fun times and hot days. PERFECTION in my minds eye...Cannot wait for the coming weekends-believe you me the count down(s) are on!

V.

No comments: