Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The City Moves Me


Life can be hectic at the best of times especially in the city. There is always something to do, somewhere to be, someone to meet up with, life is always moving and always happening. The city is the most marvelous place because though you are surrounded by a million people you are just another somebody making their way here or there. On Friday afternoons I enjoy taking the city all in. Instead of rushing home on public transport, I throw on the ole ipod, toss my bag over my shoulder and heel toe it the 4 clicks home. I don't do it to prove anything to anyone I do it to allow the stress and annoyances slide off my shoulders, slowly but surely these stresses are left in my dust, along my way across Queen and up Bay.
Last week while making my way through Nathan Phillips square, I felt moved. I felt chills down my spine, I felt love pulse through my veins and I felt pure unadulterated energy in my heart. Maybe it was a match of perfection--the perfect song at the perfect moment while taking the perfect step, I don't know but at that particular moment, I looked up to the sky and the city of Toronto actually moved me. One tear slipped down my cheek, while a smile gleamed from my lips. At that particular moment in Toronto I was indeed the happiest girl in the entire world-Thanks T.O.!

V.

No comments: