Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2008 is going going...


Well my friends here we are in the middle of December. Can you believe it--in just over 2 weeks this year will be finito. What a year 08 has been? There have been so many ups and downs; twists and turns--but ya know at the end of the day I would not trade these for anything. If you had asked me a year ago today where my life would be--I would have thought very very very different then what my reality actually is today. Life is a strange thing and as a new wonderous friend said to me today: "Enjoy the Rollercoaster. It means you are ALIVE!" This quote could not be more true. If I had not had to endure the emotional and physical pain I would not be even half the person I am today or have half of the amazing people I am lucky to have in my life. My friends have really come through--new and old. They have brought new meaning to the words loyalty, love, truth and in all actuality, friendship. Though the past year has been tough-- and that is putting it lightly--I have had numerous heartbreaks and heartaches. I have been beaten and bruised emotionally and physically. People have let me down and tried to break my spirit. Instead I embraced those things because of the support I was offered, I am: 30 and actually happy about it. I am single. I am so far from content—I am excited! I am finally recovered from a fractured pelvis and running better and stronger then ever. I am confident and stronger then I ever even imagined I could be. I have made myself vulnerable and allowed people in. I have let the most amazing people in. I have made mistakes—stupid and silly ones. I have learned so much not only about myself but those around me. I have learned that life is too short to live in the past or to worry crazily about the future. I have found the most amazing friends. If my life did not go the way it did, I would not have so much happiness and love in my life.

All that has gone down in 08 I shall embrace. I shall move forward with my head up high, a smile on my lips and so much love in my heart because 2009 is going to be my year--I can feel it!!
The past few weeks have been filled with so much decking the halls and tis the seasoning I do not even know what to do with myself! There have been parties, christmas dinners, cocktails and wine, pot lucks, full on raging, too many laughs and way toooo much fun! With a week to go and not more then one present purchased I better on it and get into it! Yay December and yay to a new year just around the corner!


V. xo

No comments: