Saturday, April 11, 2009

Heavy Hearted


It is with great sadness I write this post. My heart hangs heavy in my chest. A week ago Friday a terribly tragic thing happened to an awe inspiring, amazing, full of life person. Heather Menear whom I knew from Camp Tanamakoon was taken from us. She had so much love and life to give--she brought sunshine and rainbows wherever she went. I did not know her that well but I knew her well enough to realize what we as society have lost. Heather will be cherished and remembered always. In my minds eye I will always remember her with her red hair, freckles, in her tan shirt and green shorts, walking excitedly to her next activity in and around camp. A gaggle of gals also accompanying her and always smiling. There is no doubt in my mind Heather and I will meet again someway, somehow. Heather was one in a million and shall always be missed--by so many. My heart goes out to her family and close friends.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Love V. xo

No comments: