Monday, April 27, 2009

I can do this--13 DAYS until Mississauga!


With 13 days to go until Mississauga, I am continuing to stay focused, driven and reminding myself of my goals at every opportunity possible.
The countdown continues...with a longish run of 16K and some runs here and there. Time to get rested, well fueled and keep reminding myself that I CAN DO THIS! The long runs, the weights, the hills, the yoga, the swims are behind me now it is all about my will to succeed.

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed."
- Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ


BRING IT--I am soooo ready to start that war, yo!

V.

No comments: