Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A true Soul Mate is a Mirror

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that’s holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you and then they leave." - EPL


As I was meandering about the ole net and catching up on all my fave blogs I came about the above comment/quote that resonated. It resonated because I believe I had read it somewhere before, in some book, long ago. And when I read it I turned over the corner of such page to be able to go back to it and ponder it again. It hit home with such intensity at the time. Perhaps it is not the same quote by the same author but the same thought is there. loud and quite clear. The above quote has done the same. There have been peeps in my life whom have revealed layers of me and sometimes, without a whisper, gone. lost into the night of life. In someways it is disheartening and sad but in others so refreshing and wonderous to have had that moment stuck in time. That moment forever engraved on my soul and in my heart. Although we always wish for what was or for what could have been, I am just so darn thankful for what is because of what was.

V. xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The quote is Elizabeth Gilbert's from "Eat, Pray, Love". Great post!