Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pepper Bottos


This afternoon I rec'd a message from our friend Kendall. Her mother, Pepper, had passed away after a 12 year battle with Breast Cancer. My heart immediately dropped into my stomach while tears rolled down my cheeks. The first thing you think is "Why?" and "Life is not fair". My heart is aching for the Bottos family. I wish I knew the right words or the right thing to do, to make things easier for them at this difficult time. Unfortunately I do not have that gift or that power.

The following quote came to mind...

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.


My heart and thoughts are with Kendall and her entire family.

V. xo

No comments: