Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Heart


My heart is large and has so much love to give. Sometimes it hurts for good reasons but other times bad. Last week, my heart felt lost and Sam helped me, help my heart, find its way...
Last week was quite a week! Yes, my friends not only was I busier then a bee but I was full of contemplation. Life hit me kinda hard and ya know what, with a wee bit of help I hit right back! OK, OK, when I say a wee bit of help I really mean a whole lot of help!
I will not get into the gritty details of the "hard" part. But I will tell you the particular details which allowed me to hit life right back.
On Monday evening, Sam and I had a discussion where I let him into my head and my heart. Sam, the wonderful person that he is, listened with a great deal of consideration. The following day he set a plan in motion that proved to turn everything upside down. Sam had contacted some special people in my life and asked them to write me a note telling me why they love me. That evening he arrived home with a beautiful card explaining his thoughts. He then handed me an envelope full of letters. Each letter brought tears to my eyes but filled my heart so FULL with love. These letters began to put things into perspective. How lucky I was to have these wonderful people in my life! These wonderful people whom love me whole heartily and care for me so deeply. Moreover, how lucky I am to have Sam in my life-this individual whom loves me so much and cares for me so deeply he would go to all lengths to make me feel so loved. The last thing he gave me was a lovely wrapped box. within this box I found a long necklace with a heart at the bottom. Sam went on to explain what the heart represented. The left side represented my family, the right side represented my friends and the bottom represented him.
It truly was the kindest and most thoughtful thing anyone had ever done for me. It was what I needed to get over that hump and to literally put things into perspective. It seems that the simplest things warm the heart the most.
To those whom took a moment from their busy day to look within their heart and write me a message-Thank you! Your words not only got me through last week but will continue to help me get through any and all challenges that come my way.
And to Sam-there are truly no words to Thank you enough. I love you and will never forget the actions and remarkable thoughts that were put into the most special place, my heart.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!-you know who you are...

V xoxo-

No comments: