Monday, April 7, 2008

YOGA


Ok who would have ever thought that I, ME, Ving, would be into yoga!!?? well it has happened! I am into it. 3 Weeks deep and loving it. It has fit perfectly into my training schedule. On Monday night I do a 2 hour HATHA class-which ends with 20 minutes of DEEP Meditation. This has worked perfect as a post long run day work out. The Hatha class manages to realign any or all of my kinks whether it be in my legs, core or upper body. Afterwards, I fall deeply into sleep and am ready for all that comes at me the coming week.
On Friday night I do a Vinyasa class which definitely steps it up a notch. This 2 hour class helps deeply strengthen my legs, core and arms. While stretching me out at the same time. It is a brilliant way to get some cross training before the week is over. On Saturday I always seem to feel the work and I love it. Not only do I feel stronger and well balanced, the vinyasa class is relaxing in its own right.
Yoga has made me feel better and has been such an amazing addition to my running!
A shout out is in order to CORE STUDIO! CORE Yoga & Pilates Studio is located at 553 Queen Street West, 3rd floor Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2B6. Check them out online! www.corestudio.ca Try a class! You will not be disappointed!

V.

No comments: