Thursday, October 23, 2008

Reason, Season or Lifetime

You have all heard me say it over and over and over again the last while. It has been a tumultuous few months with many twists and turns and ups and downs. But I would not change any of it for the world. Because I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason and more importantly because my life has become much more rich and real because of the true friends I can finally feel and see. They say relationships of any kind are a two way street and I am a believer! Sometimes by giving a little--you get SO much more back. By opening your mind and heart and wearing your vulnerability on your sleeve, it creates comfort for others. It creates a line of communication that never existed before.
Over the past few months I have strengthened bonds, renewed bonds and created bonds. The people in my life are true and real. There is a love that exists that I never knew or could know without opening my heart. People have surprised me in so many ways. I count my lucky stars in each and everyday for the incredible people in my life that I am fortunate enough to call friends. Friends whom have dropped their own lives and situations to be at my beck and call when I needed them more then they could have even realized. Friends whom warmed my heart by making me explode with laughter or allowed me to weep dramatically at the most inappropriate times. At the end of the day they have shown me that there are many different types of friends in our lives.
I cannot help but think of the thought--Reasons, Seasons or a Lifetime.
I thought it only appropriate to share...

People always come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.


When someone is in your life for a REASON,

it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.

They have come to assist you through a difficulty,

or to provide you with guidance and support,

to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually.

They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are.

They are there for the reason you need them to be.


Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time,

this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.


Sometimes they die. Sometimes they just walk away.

Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.


When people come into your life for a SEASON,

it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.

They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.

They may teach you something you have never done.

They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.

Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall,

the season eventually ends.


LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;

those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.

Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway);

and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Friends are definitely the family we get to choose. And I am so very lucky to have been chosen by so many wonderous incredibly inspiring and loving people whom I am sooo advantageous to call my friends. Thank you to all of you!

V. xo

No comments: