Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Catch ya in the 10 spot!

I think it is a perfect time to reflect on not only the last year but the last decade. I have said it before and I must say it again…Life is a myriad of cyclical events and moments that keep us trucking from highs to lows, to lessons and learnings allowing us to live hard and fast. The last 10 years have been a time of so much change and so much growth. 10 years ago my vision of where I would be is so very different from where I actually am. This decade has included a university degree, a year stint living in a foreign country, realizing what true love actually is, enduring many heartaches and a couple heartbreaks too. Realizing the value of a true and real friendships. A career that in all honesty I did not even know existed where I gained so much knowledge about so many things. Realizing the definition of me, and who I wanted to be. I have also endured quite the year that was 09. My slogan for 09 was “09 is all mine” and friends I did everything in my power to own it. In many ways I did just that. I set out to accomplish various things and did in more ways then I could have ever imagined. My main feat for this past year was to take on a marathon and qualify for Boston in a time of 3 hours and 30 mins and friends I did it! I came across that finish line, smiling so big it hurt in a time of 3 hours and 29 mins. That day was maybe one of the happiest days of my life thus far. I still get chills down my spine with the sheer thought of it.
I learned a lot about myself this past year. I learned that change is inevitable and can be challenging and hard but is always for the best. I learned that kisses are definitely not contracts and that to truly love another we must truly love oneself. I learned the true meaning of being true to oneself and that sometimes down time is necessary and needed for ones mental and emotional health. I learned that words can hurt you way more then sticks or stones but one must take away something positive from each hurt and actually learn. I learned that your friends are truly your chosen family and man am I ever lucky for mine. I am sure there are moments that I can be quite a trying and hard person to love and my chosen family never walked away from the good or even the bad. They not only always gots my back but they take such good care of me and my heart. I learned that my real live nation is so damn important and although they do not always get me they always love me no matter what.
This year has been filled with so many laughs, so much loves but also some hurts and heartbreaks. I am taking such a full heart and such a healthy state of mind into the next decade. I am ready for all the funs, the adventures and all the challenges I will get to endure. Thank you 09 for everything. Catch y’all in the 10 spot.
V. xo

No comments: