Saturday, January 23, 2010

A little procrastination from the PACK & PURGE...

I am sitting in the middle of a dishevelled mess of all of my personal belongings. Boxes and bags on the outskirts. I am moving. Again. There is nothing fun about this exercise. I have just realized there are probably 20 articles of clothing that I have not donned in months that are worthy of the season but just not worthy anymore. A bit ridiculous really. So they have been piled neatly to be donated to goodwill or sally ann or whom ever will take them! I could literally put this exercise off. I can think of a million and one things I would much rather be doing but I am not. I am thrusting myself into it. All over it, I am. I know deep down, next Sunday when my moving helpers arrive I will be thankful for getting'er done and being organized. But this does not mean I have to like it. As you are all quite aware I can be an over thinker at the best of times. Everything has had its moment, its memory worth remembering. I have already found old notes, letters, cards kept because they warm my heart and make me smile for that moment that once was. Articles of clothing and "things" if you will, can conjure up these same moments. I am a dork through and though, I know, but proud to be. Life is short and really truly quite simple. It is so easy to get hung up on the dumb things and again as much as I hate this exercise it is reminding me of this, for some weird reason! I am a lucky gal. I really am. OK I think the procrastination has to come to an end. So ya I am moving, its overwhelming and a pain in the ass but the simple thing about it is is its helping remind me of how damn lucky I am for the peeps in me life, the things I have done, the places I have been, the laughs, the loves..sigh. So here I am on the cusp of yet another new beginning. Another new start. Weeee! which we know I love to embrace. So my friends on that note... Back to pack and purge I go!
V.

No comments: