Friday, March 14, 2008

Moments

While watching television last night a Lexus commercial came on which struck me and made me think. It was about the perfect moment. That moment which everything that surrounds you starts to move in slow motion, where all the sound buzzing mutes and you become one with yourself and the moment in which you are experiencing. It is these moments which you string together that make us truly happy and ultimately loveourselves and the lives we lead. When looking back I definitely do not remember specific dates or specific times, I remember those dear moments, where my heart hurt because it was swimming so intensely and swiftly in happiness. They can range from moments with those we love, moments in nature, moments of sheer delight or moments of pure fun.
I thought it only fitting to share with you just a few of my time blurring, sound muting, earth shattering moments.

Running-As you know one of my true passions is strapping on my runners and hitting the road for a run. While running I sometimes have my own personal moment. My heart becomes too full while everything surrounding me becomes a blur. The moment is so charged that I become close to tears. It is truly amazing.
Tanamakoon-I have more then one special moment from Tan. It is the type of place which strives on such moments. Because of how it offers you a special place to be your true, unconcealed self. The friends and environment allow you to be you. One moment always stands out. At the end of each month, we would have what we called Candlelight Service. At such service we would all float a candle on the water. In my minds eye this candle represented the individuality and sense of home that Tan gave me. Behind the floating candles, were several senior canoeist with torches on the bow and stern of their canoe. It was the most beautiful sight. I promised myself that I would never ever forget that moment or the way my heart felt at the exact moment. And in my darkest moments I would close my eyes and remember that beautiful moment to help remind me of all the beauty and love that does exist in the world. And you know my friends, I have done it, and it works.
Friends-There are certain friends and family in my life that fill my heart with so much joy that my heart will actually hurt. And these instances come at special times or in special moments.
“Life gives us brief moments with another...but sometimes in those brief moment we get memories that last a life time...”
Key West-I have now been to Key West 3 times. There is the most unbelievable thing that happens once I arrive there-I feel so wonderfully happy inside and out. I know it is a mix of the friends and the place and when they amalgamate, moments are definitely created. I had one recently. I had the kind that Lexus describes in their add-when sound and motion fade and everything is calm and real and alive. The love in your heart spills over into the rest of your body and fills every ounce of you with joy. We were on a sunset cruise off of Key West, we were laughing, having fun. The sun was moments away from setting and that is when it happened. I could not stop myself from smiling.
"Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart.”
Sam-Sam and I have been together for over 7 years. In those 7 years Sam has given me too many moments to even count on both hands. Even after all of this time together sometimes I feel like I fall in love with him all over again. He is the only individual I know whom can single handedly fill my heart with so much love, that it hurts. He has the ability to solely make everything become a blur and fade away. The moments we have shared together are my most happiest and I could string together only those, and be truly happy. I thank whomever or whatever brought us together. He makes life full of those wonderous moments that we live for.

I am so thankful for all of the moments I have to look back on. And I can only hope for and be lucky enough to continue to have a long life filled with the best and happiest moments to count my life by.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

V.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vingy that was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.