Saturday, March 1, 2008

There is nothing quite as Special as a friend of Summer Days....

There is nothing quite as special as a friend of summer days, learning from each other in so many different ways...We are growing towards tmo our past will keep us strong...The memories of Tanamakoon live on.

This is a verse from a song from my childhood summer home, Camp Tanamakoon. It is still alive and well up in Algonquin Park but it shall live *forevermore* in the deepest, most special part of my heart. It is truly a magical place which definitely holds a key to whom I am today. (Thanks Mom and Dad for packing me off and sending me off to Tan at the young age of 6! It is one of the best things you ever did for me!)

At Tan, I learned many skills-physical skills like canoeing, kyaking, archery, woodcraft-I could go on and on forever. I learned leadership skills, team player skills and many others. The most important thing I learned at Tan was the value and importance of a true friend. The friends I met at Tan are frankly the truest of true blue, life long friends. They are the type of friends whom love and support you no matter what. They are also the type of friends whom you do not need to speak to daily but you can go days, weeks, months...even years, and pick up right where you left off! These friends are magical. Beautiful inside and out.

I feel so blessed and soooo lucky to have had the oppurtunity to spend my summers at Tan and moreover I feel so fortunate to have made and kept the friends I did at this special place...

To all of my old beloved friends...I will love you always and will always have your back! Don't forget it...

V. xo

No comments: