Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 5...Come and Gone...

As per my post Thursday...Sam kept telling me day 5 would be the absolute worst.
Well my friends, day 5 has come and gone and nothing bad about it (sort of). I felt just as good as I did on day 3 and 4 (kind of)...

The only difficult thing about day 5 was that it was Friday. I never realized how much I actually live for Fridays. I mean Friday morning you wake up excited. (even more so if you were out the night before!) One more day of work-and to be honest how much work really gets done and sorted on a Friday??!! I mean I have had some solid Fridays where I have worked my butt-ski off right until 6pm but it is not an every Friday thing. The other thing about Friday is that-for me anyway-it is a day of treats. That is right. Because it is Friday I let myself get away with so much more then I usually would. 9/10 times I bring my lunch to work. It 1. saves me a ton of moula 2. I eat more healthy and 3. it is just plain good. But on Fridays I seem to have the attitude oh today is friday so I am going to buy myself lunch...and why do I possess such an attitude...well obviously because it is friday. I know it is strange. And I mean that is not the only thing...I allow myself copius amounts of candy, 2 lattes if I want, treats and snacks galore and pre the training for the half marathon, I would allow myself to opt out of working out and why you ask? Because, that is right, it is Friday! So yesterday being my first Friday of the cleanse, I really did not realize it would be so difficult. I racked my brain on how I might treat myself. I could have eaten out but really it would have been no different then if I just brought my lunch. Candy was obviously not an option. I racked my brain for some sort of treat-so I took a walk. yep that is right my treat was taking a walk at lunch with a colleague while she grabbed lunch. woo hoo!
So there you have my thoughts on day 5...physically it was the same but because it fell on a Friday, and it being the first Friday of the cleanse, it was difficult and hard to swallow. TGI..S? Will Saturday actually be ANY better?
V.

No comments: