Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I have been a slacker...But I had a fun weekend!!??

Ok...So I have been a MAJOR slacker in regards to this blog. I think it has been 2 weeks already. I am not going to lie my life has not been all that exciting as of late. But this is what has gone down.
I, my friends, am fully and completely cleansed! That is right...I made it! And you know what I feel abs AMAZING! It was a great experience. Health wise I feel amazing. Mind wise I feel rejuvenated. I actually contacted the naturopath, that we consulted, about how many times a year it is safe to do and she said you should do it every season change. So I have decided I will embark on the 21 day cleanse again in April 2008. I just cannot get over what an overall wonderful experience it has been! The first two days sucked and I missed bread, wine, cheese and my latte's but the funny thing is I have not have any of those things...Yet! Lol...
I have also been running up a storm. I officially began training for the HALF MARATHON...The Chilly Half in Burlington. Race Day is Sunday, March 2nd, 2008.
I have been following my schedule diligently and feeling great. I can hardly wait to start the long runs. I think training over Christmas will prove to be challenging but I am going to do my best to stay true to the sched. I have already started mapping out routes in e-ville and Rockwood. lol...who is the keener?
Other then that life has been going along swimmingly. I have not been as social as I usually am but we actually had a pretty social weekend...
Friday night we were invited over to Geoff's to hang with him and Julie, for some delicious-even cleanse friendly-fondue. What a perfect way to enjoy dinner but also each others company.
Saturday evening Sam and I ventured to a vegan restaurant called LIVE Organic Food Bar. It was soooo yummy. Not going to lie-dessert was the best part of the dinner. We had ice cream that was actually good for you-no sugar or additives! I could have eaten it until sunrise.
Sunday I woke up early for a run which proved to so wonderfully refreshing. Then around 11, I met up with Lexer and Tor for Brunch at Sadies's . We then cruised Queen West. We were not looking for anything in particular but were more interested in catching up and filled in with one and others busy lives.
And that my friends is a quick peak into my life these days.
I can hardly believe it is ALREADY November 20th and in no time Sam and I will be making a list and checking it twice while celebrating the holiday season. December is such a fun month...I hope to check in more often and maybe even have some pics to post!
Until then...
V.

No comments: