Thursday, November 1, 2007

Let My No No November Begin...



Last November Sam and Craig decided to use the month of November as a time to renew and refresh. By renew and refresh they meant cut out alcohol and pretty much all junk food. They both embarked on detoxes and cleanses. Thus the birth of the NO NO NOVEMBER!


I am 4 days into my No No November aka my 20 day cleanse. So far so good. The first 2 days I felt exhausted and quite drained but come day 3-I felt like my old self again...Thank Goodness! My diet is very restricted and I am on 2 cleansing kits. The first is a detox kit which stimulates the body's natural drainage processes to allow auto regulation and elimination of toxins. This is made up of 3 sets of drops that I take 3 times daily. This kit cleanses the gastrointestinal system and liver, the kidneys and gallbladder and the lymphatic system. The second kit is an advanced parasite cleansing system which is made up of droplets and pill capsules. I take these in the evening only.
My restricted diet consists of the following: lots of fruits and veggies, not from concentrated OJ, fish and skinless/boneless chicken, whole grain rye bread, brown rice, brown rice pasta, whole grain rye bread, rice cakes, Japanese green tea, herbal teas, nuts (with the exception of peanuts), soy milk/almond milk and LOTS of water. Big no no's are the following: Refined sugars, fried food, red meat, shell fish, dairy, alcohol, wheat, yeast, caffeine, white pasta/white rice, no cooking with olive oil-only coconut oil and absolutely no peanuts.
So far I have realized that I need protein. Yes that is right. Protein energizes me. I try and start my no no days with some sort of protein to get me going. I found these great all natural/vegan meal replacements powders that you add to water. Let me tell you they definitely do the trick! I have also really enjoying salads for lunch with either some tuna fish or chick peas. It is really teaching me to be creative with eating healthy-which is great.
Sam keeps telling me that day 5 is the worst...tmo is day 5 so I will let you know how that goes.
V.

No comments: